Montag, 29. März 2010

Love always

I’ve just finished reading „The perks of being a wallflower“ by Stephen Chbosky and I must admit that I’ve never read such a touching and emotional book. I can’t put the atmosphere into words right now. Nobody else describes a chapter of the big process of growing-up that directly and obviously as Chbosky does with his protagonist Charlie. Charlie’s a person that is so unique in his way of honesty and intelligence that some dialogues seem even surprisingly direct. He’s in a constant battlefield between his own world of self-discovery and the environment he always tries to what he calls “participate” in. With finding real friends he discovers the good aspects of growing-up as well as its dark sides. Love, drugs, first sex, domestic violence, music, etc.. This book is definitely a timeless manifestation of puberty and the young days. It’s very hard to get out of Charlie’s head now.

Instead of writing sentences that would not even roughly describe the magnificence of this book I just recommend it to anybody. I finish with a quote that was marked by the owner of the book who borrowed it to me:

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
Any maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."


1 Kommentar:

  1. Ich glaub ich kauf mir das einfach selber nochmal - damit ich es so oft lesen kann wie ich möchte und dann wenn ich Lust drauf hab.

    AntwortenLöschen