Sonntag, 7. Februar 2010

I am extraordinary

















Blacklisted - No one deserves to be here more than me

Wicked! I know that Blacklisted always did their own unique stuff and the new record is just again the reconfirmation for this. "Heavier than heaven, lonier than god" had already been something fresh; this album, however, goes few steps further! They have been experimenting, they did an acoustic song, a female songpart and even a trumpet-intro. I must admit that I felt asleep when I first listened to the record (which was perhaps down to the fact that it was right after school ...). But I also know that really good records that you keep in your mind for a long time do need time to unfold their whole expression. Just as I said, the record finally overwhelmed me after having listened to it thrice. The songs have more rock and groove than ever and the songwriting shines again through the almost creepy honesty and the lovely tendency to cynicism. So it doesn´t even bother you when George isn´t quite able to hit the notes of the "ballads". I entrust the record to everyone who´s interested in innovative and honest hardcore and I really hope that the announcement for the euro-tour follows soon. I already saw them live and they really don´t disappoint you. However, George represents his lyrics in a perfect way, which means that he´s just like this introverted and cynical.



Blacklisted myspace

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen